Killman Finishes Fourth in Solo at World University Games
INDIANAPOLIS - 2012 Olympian Mary Killman (Lindenwood/McKinney,
Texas) finished fourth in the solo synchronized swimming event Tuesday at
the World University Games in Kazan, Russia.
placed fourth in the solo free with 87.710 points. The rising sophomore from Lindenwood
University also finished fourth in the solo technical on Friday at 87.300 for 175.010 total points.
Svetlana Romashina won gold with 194.520 points. Japan’s Yukiko Inui earned silver (184.170) and Italy’s Linda
Cerruti (177.090) took the bronze.
Killman will next compete in the technical solo at the FINA World Championships in Barcelona, Spain, July 20-24. Rebecca Moody (San Jose, Calif.) of the Santa Clara Aquamaids will take part in the free solo.
Team USA had a strong showing in
synchronized swimming’s debut at the World University Games, winning bronze
in the team event and posting fourth-place finishes in solo and duet.
For more on the World University
Games, visit http://www.teamusa.org/USA-Synchronized-Swimming/Events/2013/July/05/2013-World-University-Games.
The 2013 U.S. World
University Games Team includes:
- Madison Crocker (Stanford/Sr./Weston,
- Morgan Fuller (Stanford/Sr./Sunnyvale,
- Leigh Haldeman (Stanford/Jr./Kenmore,
- Megan Hansley (Stanford/Jr./New Canaan,
- Mary Killman (Lindenwood/Fr./McKinney,
- Mariya Koroleva (Stanford/Sr./Walnut Creek,
- Michelle Moore (Stanford/Sr./Tonawanda,
- Olivia Morgan (Stanford/Sr./Lafayette,
- Rosilyn Tegart (Incarnate
Word/Sr./Kamloops, B.C., Canada)
- Evelyna Wang (Stanford/Fr./Los Altos,
- Khadija Zanotto (Ohio State/So./Los Gatos,