US Wins Bronze Medal at World University Games
Team USA scored 86.340 points in Monday’s team free final to earn the bronze medal with 173.140 total points in synchronized swimming’s debut at the World University Games. The U.S. was third in the team technical on Saturday with 86.800 points.
Host Russia won gold at 194.710 after scoring 98.010 points Monday. Japan took silver with 184.570 total points.
Swimming for the U.S. on Monday were: Madison Crocker (Stanford/Weston, Conn.), Morgan Fuller (Stanford/Sunnyvale, Calif.), Megan Hansley (Stanford/New Canaan, Conn.), Mariya Koroleva (Stanford/Walnut Creek, Calif.), Michelle Moore (Stanford/Tonawanda, N.Y.), Olivia Morgan (Stanford/Lafayette, Calif.), Rosilyn Tegart (Incarnate Word/Kamloops, B.C., Canada) and Khadija Zanotto (Ohio State/Los Gatos, Calif.).
Hansley and Morgan scored 85.560 points in the duet free final on Monday as the U.S. grabbed fourth with 171.160 total points. Morgan teamed with Rosilyn Tegart (Incarnate Word/Kamloops, B.C., Canada) in the duet tech on Sunday, placing fourth at 85.600.
Russia (195.260) won duet gold, followed by Japan (184.810) and Italy (177.450).
2012 Olympian Mary Killman (Lindenwood/McKinney, Texas), currently in fourth place after Friday’s solo tech, competes in the solo free final on Tuesday.
For more on the World University Games, visit http://www.teamusa.org/USA-Synchronized-Swimming/Events/2013/July/05/2013-World-University-Games.
The 2013 U.S. World University Games Team includes:
- Madison Crocker (Stanford/Sr./Weston, Conn.)
- Morgan Fuller (Stanford/Sr./Sunnyvale, Calif.)
- Leigh Haldeman (Stanford/Jr./Kenmore, Wash.)
- Megan Hansley (Stanford/Jr./New Canaan, Conn.)
- Mary Killman (Lindenwood/Fr./McKinney, Texas)
- Mariya Koroleva (Stanford/Sr./Walnut Creek, Calif.)
- Michelle Moore (Stanford/Sr./Tonawanda, N.Y.)
- Olivia Morgan (Stanford/Sr./Lafayette, Calif.)
- Rosilyn Tegart (Incarnate Word/Sr./Kamloops, B.C., Canada)
- Evelyna Wang (Stanford/Fr./Los Altos, Calif.)
- Khadija Zanotto (Ohio State/So./Los Gatos, Calif.)