US Duet in Fourth Place at World University Games
INDIANAPOLIS – Team USA’s Olivia Morgan (Stanford/Lafayette, Calif.) and Rosilyn Tegart (Incarnate Word/Kamloops, B.C., Canada) are in fourth place after the duet technical preliminary Sunday at the World University Games in Kazan, Russia.
Morgan and Tegart scored 85.600 points, 2.9 points behind the third-place Italian duet of Linda Cerruti and Costanza Ferro (88.500). Russia’s Svetlana Kolesnichenko and Svetlana Romashina are in first place with 97.200 points, and Japan’s Yukiko Inui and Risako Mitsui are second at 91.600.
The duet and team free finals are Monday. The U.S. is currently in third place in the team event.
Mary Killman (Lindenwood/McKinney, Texas), currently in fourth place after Friday’s solo tech, competes in the solo free final on Tuesday.
For more on the World University Games, visit http://www.teamusa.org/USA-Synchronized-Swimming/Events/2013/July/05/2013-World-University-Games.
The 2013 U.S. World University Games Team includes:
- Madison Crocker (Stanford/Sr./Weston, Conn.)
- Morgan Fuller (Stanford/Sr./Sunnyvale, Calif.)
- Leigh Haldeman (Stanford/Jr./Kenmore, Wash.)
- Megan Hansley (Stanford/Jr./New Canaan, Conn.)
- Mary Killman (Lindenwood/Fr./McKinney, Texas)
- Mariya Koroleva (Stanford/Sr./Walnut Creek, Calif.)
- Michelle Moore (Stanford/Sr./Tonawanda, N.Y.)
- Olivia Morgan (Stanford/Sr./Lafayette, Calif.)
- Rosilyn Tegart (Incarnate Word/Sr./Kamloops, B.C., Canada)
- Evelyna Wang (Stanford/Fr./Los Altos, Calif.)
- Khadija Zanotto (Ohio State/So./Los Gatos, Calif.)