USA Synchro Announces 2014 US Junior National Squad
SANTA CLARA, Calif. - USA Synchro announced its 2014 U.S. Junior National Synchronized Swimming Squad on Monday following the final stage of trials in Santa Clara, Calif.
The swimmers earning a spot on the 2014 U.S. Junior National Squad are:
- Anita Alvarez (Kenmore, N.Y./Town of Tonawanda Aquettes)
- Claire Barton (Los Gatos, Calif./Santa Clara Aquamaids)
- Karina Boyle (Walnut Creek, Calif./Walnut Creek Aquanuts)
- Gillian Brassil* (Moraga, Calif./ Walnut Creek Aquanuts)
- Dana Drury (Walnut Creek, Calif./Walnut Creek Aquanuts)
- Rachel Hyon (Cypress, Calif./Walnut Creek Aquanuts)
- Joanna Langner (Lafayette, Calif./ Walnut Creek Aquanuts)
- Isabel Malcolmson (San Jose, Calif./ Santa Clara Aquamaids)
- Sandra Ortellado (Walnut Creek, Calif./Walnut Creek Aquanuts)
- Noelle St. John (Noblesville, Ind./Indy Synchro)
- Karensa Tjoa (San Jose, Calif./ Santa Clara Aquamaids)
- Monica Velazquez-Stiak (Phoenix, Ariz./Scottsdale Synchro)
- Elizabeth Wiita (Vancouver, Wash./MAC Synchro)
Alvarez, Barton, Boyle, Brassil, Hyon, Malcolmson, Ortellado, Tjoa, Velazquez-Stiak and Wiita are also members of the 2014 U.S. Senior National Squad. Drury was a member of the 2013 13-15 National Team.
The U.S. Junior National Squad will compete at the UANA Synchronized Swimming Championships in Riverside, Calif., Aug. 10-18, 2014, and the 14th FINA World Junior Synchronized Swimming Championships in Tampere, Finland, Oct. 22-26, 2014.
* Petitioner remaining on team pending completion of skill testing.