US Junior National Synchronized Swimming Team to compete at 13th FINA World Junior Championships
INDIANAPOLIS – The U.S. Junior National Synchronized Swimming Team will
compete against the world’s best this week at the 13th FINA World Junior Championships
in Volos, Greece, Sept. 12-16.
The competition will consist of solo, duet, team, free combination (preliminaries and
finals) and a figure competition. The event begins Wednesday with duet and team
The World Junior Championships will include swimmers from 26 nations: Argentina,
Austria, Belarus, Brazil, Canada, China, Colombia, Croatia, Czech Republic, Egypt,
Finland, France, Germany, Great Britain, Greece, Hungary, Israel, Italy, Japan,
Kazakhstan, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Peru, Russia and the United States.
The 2012 U.S. Junior National Synchronized Swimming Team includes:
- Claire Barton (Los Gatos, Calif.)
- Morgan Boneberg (Clayton, Calif.)
- Karina Boyle (Walnut Creek, Calif.)
- Lorraine Hack (Olympia, Wash.)
- Alyson Haylor (Las Vegas, Nev.)
- Rachel Hyon (Los Angeles, Calif.)
- Jamie Kuchan (Mesa, Ariz.)
- Rebecca Moody (San Jose, Calif.)
- Sandra Ortellado (Walnut Creek, Calif.)
- Kaitlin Staines (Fair Oaks, Calif.)
- Marisa Tashima (Lafayette, Calif.)
- Alexa Tchekmarev (Sunnyvale, Calif.).