NATIONAL TEAM APPRENTICE PROGRAM
A selected group of coaches will have the opportunity to receive National Team Education during a two-year period with the end goal to eventually become a National Team Coach, if a position becomes available.
This two-year program will include:
- Assessment of coaching level and personal development plan with High Performance Director
- National Team Coaching Manual
- National Team Education – Online: At least six presentations, articles and webinars a year that cover topics such as anatomy, nutrition, psychology, flexibility, dance, height and interval training
- Mentoring by a current-- or a former-- National Team Coach via phone or Skype discussions and one visit during the two-year period funded by USA Synchro
- Invitation to coach at National Team Training as an apprentice (USA Synchro National Team will cover expenses, no salary)
- Opportunity to apply National Team philosophy at Development camps during the summer (paid work)
- Opportunities for additional training in the US and abroad (with Le Reve, Circus school in San Francisco, USOC, foreign clubs…) at additional expense to the apprentice
Candidates must send applications to Kevin Warner, Education Director, and Myriam Glez, High Performance Director, by Oct. 15, 2013.
Applications must include:
- Resume (includes all achievements as an athlete, coach, volunteer, judge…)
- Portrait picture
- Cover letter including a description of the candidate's coaching philosophy and why (s)he should be chosen for the position
- One-page analysis of synchronized swimming trends worldwide, in bullet points
- Organization and training plan for a 13-15 National Team preparing for Comen Cup (must include objectives, strategy, duration of training, periodization, training plan, competition preparation)
Each application will be reviewed, and candidates will be selected, by a panel consisting of the High Performance Director, Senior NT Head Coach, Junior NT Head Coach, 13-15 NT Head Coach, 12-and-Under NT Head Coach, Education Director, VP Education, VP Olympic International, IR Chair, Coaches’ board Chair and an Athlete Representative.
The panel will select four applicants to participate in this two-year program, from Nov. 2013- Aug. 2015. Announcement of selected applicants will be made at the 2013 Coaches’ College.
Another selection of four apprentices will be done in 2015 for the period 2015-2017.
- Attend a minimum of 7-10 days of National Team Training per year
- Participate in at least one development camp as a coach every year (7-10 days during the summer)
- Participate in all online education
- Attend a minimum of one additional opportunity during the two years
- Comply with National Team Agreement and Code of Conduct
Funding to cover expenses to participate in National Team Training and Development camps
Funding to cover expenses to participate in one additional opportunity over two years
$1,000/apprentice for 2 years
National Team Apprentice Program Application