FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CONTACT: RICCI PORTER
2014 Team USA Trials and Outdoor National Championships
The following dates have been approved by the United States Olympic Committee for the 2014 Outdoor National Championships and Team USA Trials:
June 18, 19 Practice
June 20 Practice and Beginning of Championships
June 21, 22, 23 Banked Track Championships
June 24 Road Practice and Rain Day for Track Events
June 25, 26 Road Championships
June 27 Rain Day for Road Events
Juvenile, freshman, junior, senior and masters competitors will compete for the title of outdoor national champion in various distances. Junior World Class and Senior World Class competitors will compete for a position on the 2014 FIRS World Inline Speed Skating Championship Team.
USA Roller Sports (USARS) is recognized by the Federation Internationale de Roller Sports (FIRS) and United States Olympic Committee (USOC) as the national governing body for competitive roller sports in the United States. USARS is dedicated to creating, enhancing and conducting the best competitions and programs for roller sports. We instill the drive to win and be the absolute best in sports and in life.
If you have any questions about the event, contact Ricci Porter at firstname.lastname@example.org or 402-483-7551 extension 14.
Outdoor National Championships FAQs
How come I have to pay for the practice days?
- The Olympic Training Center charges USA Roller Sports (USARS) $8 per person per day to use their facility. USARS is required to have an athletic trainer at each practice and USARS pays the athletic trainer for their time.
- 5-7 business days for COMPLETED applications.
- Items that may result in an incomplete application are:
- Not signing the application
- Not paying your entry
- Not sending in your OTC paperwork
Can I send in my application without payment and then have someone call me to obtain my payment?
- Yes, however you may not receive a phone call right away. Without payment, your application is incomplete and will be placed “on hold.” Complete applications will be processed before incomplete applications.
- If you are not comfortable emailing or faxing your payment information, we recommend you mail a check or money order to our mailing address. If you do mail a check or money order, please mail your application along with it.
Where do I send my payment?
- Your applications can be mailed to:
- USA Roller Sports
4730 South Street
Lincoln, NE 68506
- Your application can be faxed to 402-483-1465 or emailed to email@example.com (please use fax or email for credit/debit card payments only)
Do I have to wear my official uniform on the practice days?
- No, you do not have to be in official uniform during the practice days. Please wear appropriate practice attire. If the practice supervisor feels that you are dressed inappropriately for practice, you will be asked to clear the track. You can go back on to the track once you put on appropriate attire.
Do I have to use the tunnel during practice?
- The Velodrome staff requires that we use the tunnel if there are cyclists on the track. During practice, we often share the facility. Plan on using the tunnel during practice, unless stated otherwise. Once the championships begin, we will be able to cross the cycling track.
Can I use the sports medicine facilities?
- The OTC sports medicine facilities are not open to the public. Often times the OTC will allow the use of the ice bath for the National Team. If we are granted approval for ice bath use, those that have access will be notified.
I haven’t qualified for outdoor nationals; can I attend the clinic that is right before the competition and compete on the banked track?
- No, the Final Track Instruction for Regional (Level One Clinics) is not an actual clinic. It is final track instruction for those that qualified for the banked track portion of outdoor nationals through a regional/level one clinic. You must qualify for the banked track through a banked track clinic or a regional/level one clinic. If you qualify through a regional/level one clinic, you must pass the final track instruction before you will be able to participate in the banked track portion of the outdoor national championships.
I haven’t attended a clinic to qualify for outdoor nationals; can I compete on the road?
- Yes, the road portion of the event is open and there are not qualifications that have to be completed prior to entering.
Can I take a tour of the Olympic Training Center?
- Yes, the OTC typically runs tours each hour (9 a.m. to 4 p.m.) Monday-Saturday. Here is some information on the tours:
- Free public tours are conducted on a year-round basis by USOC Ambassadors. The tour includes a 12-minute film and 45-minute walking tour of the complex. Nearly 70% of the tour is out-of-doors. During the tour, visitors will have the opportunity to view athlete training facilities including Sport Center Gymnasiums, weightlifting and wrestling facilities, the USA Shooting Center, Coaching & Sport Science, the Aquatics Center, and Sport Medicine. Life-size figures with narrative panels adorn the Irwin Belk Olympic Pathway and provide information about Olympic and Pan American Sports.