NORTHEAST DERBY CONVENTION 2013
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Work hard, play harder! The Northeast Derby Convention returns to Providence, RI
PROVIDENCE, RI - Bruised Boutique Skate Shop is proud to announce the Northeast Derby Convention will be returning to Providence, RI on Memorial Day weekend, May 24th-26th, 2013. The event will play host to elite derby trainers for skating clinics, off-skates seminars, scrimmages, a full vendor expo, games and parties.
The 2012 Northeast Derby Convention delivered the promise of fantastic training the best derby coaches in the sport, valuable seminars, new product releases from the best brands in the sport, and an unforgettable experience. 2013 will offer the same and more! The BEST coaches on more tracks for more training, including a more comprehensive referee training program. The goal hasn't changed: providing the attendees with the best training, networking, and social experience possible.
The 2013 coaches include:
- Suzy Hotrod -- Gotham Girls Roller Derby, Team USA
- Smarty Pants -- TX Rollergirls, Team USA
- Quadzilla -- Puget Sound Outcasts
- Onda Sligh – Oly Rollers
- Carmen Getsome – Rat City Rollergirls, Team USA
- Demanda Riot – B.ay A.rea D.erby G.irls
- Varla Vendetta – Windy City Rollers, Team USA
- Sarah KillBox Hipel – TX Rollergirls
- Tony Muse/Peter Pan – Your Mom Men’s Derby
- Luludemon – Terminal City Roller Girls
- The Rev – Montreal Men’s Roller Derby
- Dee Stortion, Boston Derby Dames
- Shark Week, Boston Derby Dames
- Lil’ Paine, Boston Derby Dames
- Punchy O’ Guts – Maine Roller Derby
- And more!
In between on-skates classes, participate in strategy workshops, off-skates cross-training for optimum performance, and seminars on everything from league business to marketing. Check out the latest and greatest products and gear from your favorite brands and new break out companies at the expo. Then jump in on scrimmages to apply your new skills. Finally, head out to the parties and social events to reward your hard work and make new BFFs!
Who should go? The multifaceted nature of this event makes it perfect for anyone involved in roller derby:
- Rookies looking to improve their skills
- Seasoned vets who need to stay ahead of the curve
- Coaches who want their team to have a competitive edge
- Businesses with derby-centric or athletic products and services to launch or research
- NSOs and Skating Officials wanting training, networking, and officiating opportunities
Tickets for the weekend and single day passes are on sale now at BrownPaperTickets.com.
For more information:
ABOUT BRUISED BOUTIQUE
Bruised Boutique Skate Shop of Nashua, NH owned by Allie Trela/Dee Stortion is the largest brick and mortar roller derby store in the US of A. Founded in her living room in 2008, the store is now a full service skate, gear, and apparel shop serving skaters and sponsoring leagues across the globe.
# # #