USARS Officials Membership and Certification
Figure Coaches & Officials- Figure Director email@example.com
Speed Coaches & Officials- Ricci Porter firstname.lastname@example.org Ext. 14
Roller Derby Coaches & Officials – email@example.com
Hockey Coaches & Officials – Brent Benson firstname.lastname@example.org 402-483-7551 x 13
When a club receives permission to host a contest, it must enlist qualified officials for the event. Officials, including a meet director, must also be members of USA Roller Sports, and their qualifications are determined by commissions they hold. The level of commission is determined by training, testing and experience of the judge, referee and/or tabulators. Meet directors are certified by attending a meet directors certification program sponsored and conducted by USA Roller Sports.
USA Roller Sports, a non-profit corporation under section 501
of the Internal Revenue Code, is the National Governing Body (NGB) for
amateur roller skating in the United States under the Amateur Sports
Act of 1978. USA Roller Sports is a member of the United States Olympic
Committee (USOC), the Federation
Internationale de Roller Skating (FIRS), and the Pan American Sports
For more information, please contact us at:
USA Roller Sports
4730 South Street
Lincoln, NE 68506
FAX (402) 483-1465
How to Become an Official
- You must become a member with USA Roller Sports. You may accomplish this by purchasing either a competitive or non-competitive amateur card or becoming a coach. Amateur card fees are $70.00 and coaching fees are $70 for one discipline.
- The officials' applications are available on the website under the Forms Tab. Each applicant must indicate what discipline and type of official they wish to become. Upon filling out the application and meeting the minimum requirements, you will be sent the proper exam. The exam must be completed and passed before an official's commission will be granted.
- You must read, sign and return the back page of the Officials Code of Conduct to the national office before your official's credentials will be issued. The Code of Conduct can be printed off of this web site or you may request a copy of the Code via phone or e-mail.
- United Airlines Discount Travel Program
- Hilton Family of Properties Discounts
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car Discounts