Travel Benefits - For your team's travel needs, or for competitors travel needs for your event.
- United Airlines Discount Travel Program
- Note: If you are hosting an event, it must be sanctioned early enough for your event participants to take advantage of the United Discount Program. Your event must be listed on the USARS Event Calendar at least 21 days prior to your event for the booking discount. Only sanctioned events are listed on this page.
- Hilton Family of Properties Discounts
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car Discounts
The templates available on this page will assist you in promoting via local media your team's upcoming participation in events and results once the competition is over.
The first step in this process is to retype the Press Release Template with your information (all items in Red). It is very important to include YOUR contact information at the bottom of the press release beneath the “###.”
The next step is to determine media outlets (newspapers, television stations, radio stations) in your area and their preferred method of submission. When searching for newspapers and television stations, I recommend using the Web site http://www.usnpl.com/. This Web site lists and links directly to daily and weekly newspapers as well as television stations by city. For radio stations, I suggest using http://www.radio-locator.com/.
Once you have located the media outlets that you wish to submit to, look for the “contact us,” “contribute,” or “submit a story” link. The other option is to call the general information line for the media outlet and ask for press release submission instructions.
Media outlets can indicate one or several of the following methods and may include more detailed instructions than found here:
- E-mail – Include the press release as an attachment and copy the press release into the body of the e-mail.
- U.S. Postal Mail
Press Kits (upcoming local meet and local meet results Press Release Templates coming soon)
Should you have any questions, feel free to call 402.483.7551 ext. 21 and leave a message. I will return your call as soon as possible or e-mail me at email@example.com.
Thanks and Good Luck!