Nominees are solicited for the following USARS representatives:Speed Athlete Director - Three Year Term of Office
Under the USARS By-Laws, the Board of Directors election procedures are established on staggered three-year terms, except as qualified through representation for roller sports with other organizations or as noted above. The above seats on the USARS Board of Directors will be filled in 2014.
Nominations for the Speed Athlete and Club Representative positions must be received by USARS by January 15, which is followed by a period where nominations can be made via write-in petition.
Speed Athlete Board Seat - Anyone meeting the following criteria may nominate himself, herself or another person with their written permission.
1) Be 18 years of age or older.
2) Hold a 2014 USA Roller Sports Speed Membership Card,
3) Meet the United States Olympic Committee definition of an active athlete. This is defined as one who has competed in speed skating in the Pan American Games, Senior World Speed Championships, or other senior international elite level competitions within the last ten years.
4) Submit a personal and skating history, a written agreement to run for the USA Roller Sports Board of Directors seat, and signed Code of Ethics and Pledge of Commitment forms by no alter than January 15, 2014. Nominees must be able to attend two meetings each year in order to serve as a Director on the Board.
Club Representative Board Seat - Anyone meeting the following criteria may nominate himself, herself or another person with their written permission.
1) Be a USA Roller Sports Club Officer for a minimum of five years.
2) Be an officer in a league, state or regional association for a minimum of three years.
3) Be a current USA Roller Sports member.
4) Be actively involved in USA Roller Sports programs.
5) Contribute significantly to the advancement of the roller skating sport.
6) Agree in writing to abide by the USA Roller Sports Code of Ethics for Members of the Board and sign a Pledge of Commitment form. Nominees must be able to attend two meetings each year in order to serve as a Director on the Board.
7) Submit a resume and application for consideration as a candidate for the Club Representative to the Board to the USA Roller National Office in Lincoln, Nebraska no later than January 15, 2014.
Election Process for Speed Athlete and Club Representative Director Positions - Ballots shall be mailed to eligible voters by July 1, 2014. Any eligible elector who has not received a ballot by July 10, should contact USARS Headquarters at once and a ballot will be immediately mailed. Ballots must be returned to USARS Headquarters, no later than August 1, 2014. A Certified Public Accounting firm will collect the ballots, tabulate them and officially announce the results. The new directors will assume office following the close of the Annual Meeting of the USARS Board of Directors in the Fall of 2014.
Election of Grassroots Board Representative - In 2014, a Director shall be elected by the Board to represent the domestic and multi-discipline developmental interests of USA Roller Sports in terms of funding, management and program administration. Anyone meeting the following criteria may nominate himself, herself or another person with their written permission. :
1) Be a current and 10-year member of USA Roller Sports.
2) Possess overall knowledge and experience of the technical aspects for the sport, including, but not limited to: competitive skating, coaching, various official assignments and administrative experience as a club officer.
3) Be actively involved in USA Roller Sports’ programs.
4) Contribute significantly to the advancement of roller sports.
5) Agree in writing to abide by USA Roller Sports’ Code of Ethics for members of the Board and sign a Pledge of Commitment.
6) Submit a resume and application for a board seat.
Candidates will be nominated by the Nominating Committee or alternate candidates, at the discretion of the Board may be proposed who meet the requirements.
At-Large Derby and Rink Hockey Board Positions - Two Directors shall be elected by the Board of Directors this year. Eligible candidates must have an interest in competitive derby/rink hockey in order to maintain representation on the Board by all sport disciplines. Nominees must be a current member of USARS; be actively involved in USARS programs; agree in writing to abide by the USARS Code of Ethics; and (5) submit a resume and application for a Board seat
Anyone meeting the following criteria may nominate himself, herself or another person with their written permission.
Resumes may be submitted to Peggy Young at USA Roller Sports - email@example.com.