The Women's Committee mission is to 'strengthen USA Racquetball through increasing the number of women playing racquetball at the state, regional and national levels.' Throughout the year, the Committee analyzes key aspects of racquetball for women, develops strategies to increase participation, plans and promotes activities and functions for women, supports charitable causes like Racquet for the Cure, and provides an avenue for women to express their concerns to USA Racquetball.
"Somewhere behind the athlete you've become, the hours of practice, the coaches who push you, and the fans who cheer you, is the little girl who fell in love with the sport and never looked back. Play for her." -- Unknown
Committee members include (l-r above). Click their name to send an email.
• Lorraine Galloway
• Janice Vosika
• Terry Rogers
• Merijean Kelley
• Cheryl Kirk
• Joanna Reyes (not pictured)
• Peggine Tellez (not pictured)
Rules for Women’s Division Formats at National Tournaments Revised Format (July 2012)
6 or fewer competitors - Round Robin
• Divisions may be combined when entries are 3 or less.
• Divisions will be combined based first by skill level and second by age.
7 to 11 competitors - Pool Play
• All pool play events will have playoffs with semi final and final matches.
12 or more competitors - Straight Draw
• Open and Team Qualifying divisions -- single elimination (regardless of number of players)
• Consolation will be offered as appropriate and based on the the overall format of the tournament.
The above is contingent upon sufficient court space.
"Ladies' Night Out” - Don Jose’s Restaurant at the National Singles
Remember – the USAR Women's committee is your advocate and liaison to the USAR and the national tournament directors. If you have any questions, concerns, and/or comments relative to the women's draws/events please contact one of the committee members or email Terry Rogers at firstname.lastname@example.org