LEVEL 1 & 2 REFEREE CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
Initial Level 1 online certification requirements:
1. View complete video rules clinic (4 parts).
2. Pass the rules test with at least a score of 86. (50 questions)
3. Pay the $10 fee to complete certification with the video assessment test.
4. Pass the video assessment test with at least a score of 80. (25 videos)
Certification is valid for 3 years from the date of completion.
A person will only be allowed one attempt to pass the video match assessment in a 24 hour period. No charge for re-testing.
Upon completion with a passing score your name will be added to the USAR Referee Certification database as a Level 1 referee. You will be able to print out your Certification card.
Level 2 certification requirements:
1. Complete the Level 1 requirements with a passing grade.
2. Pay the $10 Level 2 fee.
3. Referee 5 matches at National Singles, National Doubles, or the US Open at the Men A level or above. If at National Singles or the US Open two matches must be singles and two matches must be doubles. The fifth match can be either singles or doubles.
4. The last one of the 5 matches will be assessed by a USAR certification assessor. It must utilize line judges. Line judges must be obtained by the referee being tested and be acceptable to the players. The match must be accepted by the assessor as being one that will test the skills of the referee. The assessed match cannot be requested until the first four matches are complete.
5. Pass the assessed match with at least a score of 90.
Upon completion with a passing score your name will be added to the USAR Referee Certification database as a Level 2 referee. You will be able to print out your Certification card.
Level 1 & 2 certified referee requirements for renewal:
1. View the complete video Case Study clinic. (4 parts)
2. Pass the online test
a. Level 1 – must score at least 86
b. Level 2 – must score at least 92
3. Pay a $10 renewal fee.
You must renew within 30 days of your expiration or your certification will be void and you must complete all parts of the process again as outlined above. Upon payment of your fee your renewal date for your level of certification will be updated.
In order for anyone to renew that were certified prior to the introduction of the online system, they must complete the entire Level 1 online program as outlined above.
Printable Version: Referee Certification Requirements (Adobe PDF)
If you would like to become a better referee or a certified referee, then it is recommended that you download and review the Official Rules of Racquetball from the USAR web site. When you are ready to begin testing you must log in to the USAR membership site with your standard log in information and then go to the menu item on the left “Courses and Testing”. That will bring down a sub menu with the item “Referee Certification”. Clicking on that item will take you to a page with a checklist of the items you need to complete.
The first two steps are FREE!!! If you want to become certified, then you pay $10.