The United States Olympic Training Center in Colorado Springs is the host site for a once-in-a-lifetime experience, featuring the nation’s top racquetball instructors and coaches. Participants in the annual National Elite Training Camp work out at the USRA's official training facility, the Lynmar Racquet & Health Club, and receive the most comprehensive training, personalized coaching and up-to-date information available in the sport today.
Space is limited to 40 people, with selection preference going to top finishers in high level events [regional, national], followed by a "first-come, first-served" policy for other interested athletes. So apply early — whether or not you've had your best performance this season!
At the OTC, the week long camp puts you in the same training environment as other world class, Olympic athletes, including cardiovascular monitoring, early morning physical training, individualized attention and on-court instruction. Participants share dormitory-style housing, meals, exercise regimens and coaching, while developing friendships that will last a lifetime.
Some of the topics covered will be:
- What it takes to be the Best!
- Dedication – the benefits of amateur competition
- Pressure of competition & back to basics
- Dealing with losses & the will to come back
- Shot selection & percentage hitting Center
- Court positioning & videotape analysis
- Service selection & simplified charting
- Partner selection & strategy for doubles
- Weight training for racquetball
- Physical conditioning for racquetball
- Nutritional requirements for racquetball
- Mental preparation & concentration
- Goal setting & motivation
- Developing a training schedule
- Drilling for consistency (what and how to practice)
- Value of clinics & literature review
Age Limits: Camp is limited to Open level athletes and suggested for players between the ages of 14 and 45.
Enter Online or
Send completed application with $200 deposit to:
High Performance Camp USAR
1685 West Uintah
Colorado Springs, CO 80904-2906