UIPM's first Executive Board meeting of 2013, has recently taken place at Fédération Internationale de Gymnastique's Headquarters in Lausanne, Switzerland on 29-30 January 2013.
The meeting was chaired by UIPM's President Dr h.c. Klaus Schormann, which UIPM Vice President and IOC Executive Board Member Juan Antonio Samaranch Jr also participated, to discuss with all members the following main points:
- Logistical organisation of the 2013 season
- The Pentathlon Stadium concept
- Programs to develop the sport world wide
- 2013-2016 TV partnership
- Development of UIPM's laser technology
- 2013-2016 strategic planning
- Implementation of the new sport of Triathle (swim-run-shoot) alongside the already successful Biathle (run-swim-run)
The UIPM Executive Board awarded the 2013 UIPM Congress, which will be the 57th edition to Cyprus following a very impressive bid.
At the conclusion of the Executive Board meeting, UIPM President Dr h.c. Klaus Schormann, together with UIPM's Vice President and President & Founder of Peace and Sport Joël Bouzou signed a Memorandum of Understanding between UIPM and Peace and Sport. This MOU, will ensure a closer working relationship between the 2 parties to build on the successful programmes already run in Congo and Burundi.
Prior to the UIPM Executive Board meeting, the Technical Committee, Athletes Committee and the Financial Commission also met to plan for the upcoming season.