- USA Judo
- Seniors Tie Break Criteria
Criteria for breaking of ties: In the event there are two or more athletes with identical numbers of points, within the same category of competition, the following protocol shall be utilized to rank such athletes.
- The athlete with the most C-Level or higher international points as reflected from the current USA Judo Ranking roster.
- If a tie still exists after applying “1”, the highest medalist at the previous US Open event.
- If a tie still exists after applying “1” and “2” the most International matches won at the European or Asian A or B Level events within the current calendar year.
- If a tie still exists after applying “1”, “2” and “3” the highest medalist at our previous Senior National Championships.
- If a tie still exists after applying “1”, “2”, “3” and “4” the result from the most recent head-to-head competition at a C level event or higher.
- If the above fails to provide criteria for breaking a tie, the Athlete Performance Committee shall be responsible for selection of athletes, male and female.