Athletes shall receive classification and points on the Senior national roster based on their finishes in various national and international events as indicated in the table given below.
Summary of the system
- Athletes who medal in A+ -level events will earn A+ -level classification.
- Athletes who medal in A-level events, will earn A-level classification.
- Similarly for other level events.
- In events where 5th place is recognized by USA Judo protocol, athletes will be classified one level below the event classification, i.e. 5th place in a B-level event will earn C-level classification.
- In all able-bodied events, classification and points are earned in the highest senior-level divisions at those events, in weight categories that are tracked by USA Judo.
- Ties will be broken through the tie break criteria.
- Both Points and Classification earned at a particular event are current for a maximum of one year, or on anniversary date of that event (if a regularly scheduled annual event) if its anniversary occurs in less than a year.
- Both Points and Classification earned at a particular event are current for a maximum of one year, or on anniversary date of that event (if a regularly scheduled annual event) if its anniversary occurs in less than a year. If any of the following regularly scheduled annual events are held within 30 days of the anniversary date, the points and classification earned from that event will remain on the roster until the following year's event:
- USA Judo Senior National Championships
- USA Judo Visually Impaired National Championships
- Senior U.S. Open
- Visually Impaired U.S. Open
- National President's Cup Championships
- As a clarification, please note that athletes who place fourth in a round robin division will receive third place points on the appropriate roster as long as the athlete wins at least one match, per above.
- In order to receive a ranking on the USA Judo Visually Impaired National Roster, an athlete must be eligible to represent the United States in Olympic or World Championship competition.
|IJF World Championships (WC)||A+||A+||20||A+||12||A+||8||A||4|
|IBSA World Championships (VIWC)||A+||A+||20||A+||12||A+||8||A||4|
|IBSA World Games (VIWG)||A+||A+||20||A+||12||A+||8||A||4|
|IJF Masters Championships (MC)||A+||A+||20||A+||12||A+||8||A||4|
|All IJF Grand Slam Tournaments||A+||A+||20||A+||12||A+||8||A||4|
|All IJF Grand Prix Tournaments||A||A||15||A||9||A||6||B||3|
|All IJF Continental Cup Tournaments||A||A||15||A||9||A||6||B||3|
|Bonn, Germany (BON)||B||B||10||B||6||B||4||C||2|
|Belgian Open (BEL)||B||B||10||B||6||B||4||C||2|
|British Open (BR)||B||B||10||B||6||B||4||C||2|
|Cuban Intl Women Tourn (CUBW)||B||B||10||B||6||B||4||C||2|
|Finish Open (FIN)||B||B||10||B||6||B||4||C||2|
|Jose Ramon Rodriguest Intl (CUB)||B||B||10||B||6||B||4||C||2|
|Pan American Games (PAG)||B||B||10||B||6||B||4||C||2|
|ParaPan American Games (VIPAG)||B||B||10||B||6||B||4||C||2|
|Pan American Championships (PAC)||B||B||10||B||6||B||4||C||2|
|Swedish Open (SWE)||B||B||10||B||6||B||4||C||2|
|Tre Torri International (TRE)||B||B||10||B||6||B||4||C||2|
|All EJU B Level Events||B||B||10||B||6||B||4||C||2|
|IBSA Paralympic Qualifying Event Hungary (VIHUN)||B||B||10||B||6||B||4||C||2|
|Pacific Rim Judo Championships (PR)||C||C||5||C||3||C||2||D||1|
|US Senior Nationals (USN)||C||C||5||C||3||C||2||D||1|
|USA Judo National Presidents Cup (PRE)||C||C||5||C||3||C||2||D||1|
|German Open for the Visually Impaired (VIGER)||C||C||5||C||3||C||2||D||1|
|Grand Prix Infrareo Judo for the Blind Brazil (VIBRA)||C||C||5||C||3||C||2||D||1|
|Dallas Invitational (DAL)||D||D||3||D||2||D||1||X||X|
|Liberty Bell Classic (LIB)||D||D||3||D||2||D||1||X||X|
|San Jose Buddhist Sensei Memorial Tournament (SJM)||D||D||3||D||2||D||1||X||X|
|USA Judo VI National Championships (VIUSN)||D||D||3||D||2||D||1||X||X|
|USA Judo VI National Presidents Cup (VIPRE)||D||D||3||D||2||D||1||X||X|
|IBSA Pan American Championships (VIPAN)||D||D||3||D||2||D||1||X||X|
|US Open for the Visually Impaired (VIUSO)||D||D||3||D||2||D||1||X||X|
|Continential Crown (CC)||E||E||3||E||2||E||1||X||X|
|Florida Judo Open (FLO)||E||E||3||E||2||E||1||X||X|
|Irwin Cohen Memorial (MWC)||E||E||3||E||2||E||1||X||X|
|Morris Cup (MOR)||E||E||3||E||2||E||1||X||X|
|National Collegiate Judo Association Championships (NCJA)||E||E||3||E||2||E||1||X||X|