Individual members of USA Judo support the sport at all levels and have the right to participate in the business affairs of USA Judo. Individual members also are automatically members of the state group through which they are registered.
Individual Membership provides the following advantages:
- Protection of amateur standing in all tournaments that USA Judo sanctions in the United States.
- Ability to participate in any USA Judo-sanctioned event in the U.S. for which he/she is qualified. This includes clinics and training camps. Furthermore, all tournaments sanctioned by either USJF and USJA are open to qualified USA Judo members.
- Opportunity to represent the USA at the Pan American Games, Pan American Championships, World Championships, select international competitions and the Olympic Games!
- Participation in International Judo Exchange Programs.
- Electronic members-only newsletter.
- Hotel and other travel discounts for members only.
- One million dollar liability insurance coaches or officials at sanctioned events or scheduled training sessions. No deductible.
- Excess Accident Medical Insurance for any injury occurring at a sanctioned event or scheduled training session. Membership includes a $25,000 medical insurance policy with a $2,500 deductible. "Excess" coverage means that it goes into effect after any other health insurance you might have.
- Membership in your state judo organization. Through the state organizations, members can participate in their State Judo Government, subject to each state's by-laws. Members may represent their state as a delegate to the National Board of Directors meetings, serve on National Committees and run for National-elected office.
- Merchandise discount programs.
- Eligibility to apply for training funding.