Joshua Prado and Max Schneider to Fight for Gold at Pan Am Juvenile Championships
(Colorado Springs, Colo.) - Two former bronze medalists will be fighting for their first chance at gold at the Pan American Juvenile Championships for 15-16-year-old athletes tonight in San Salvador, El Salvador.
Joshua Prado (Coral Springs, Fla. / USA Judo National Training Site at North Miami), a bronze medalist at this event as a 51kg player last year, advanced to the finals in the 55kg division.
Max Schneider (Chicago, Ill. / Tohkon Judo), a bronze medalist at the 2005 Pan Am Infantile Championships in the 42kg, will compete for gold in the 66kg division.
Max Golembo (Vernon Hills, Ill. / Cohen's Judo) won a silver medal earlier in the day in the 73kg division.
Kadee Shadden (Mineral Wells, Texas / Ruben Martin Judo), a gold medalist in 2008, returned to the 70kg division this year where she won her second straight medal at the event. As Shadden's division was a round-robin, she is awaiting later results to determine whether she will win the silver or bronze.
Nine athletes will compete in bronze medal matches tonight as well:
- Vanessa Calimquim (Long Beach, Calif. / South Bay Judo / 44kg)
- Samantha Martin (Burleson, Texas / Ruben Martin Judo Training Center / 52kg)
- Crystal Butts (Fontana, Calif. / LACC Judo Club / 57kg)
- Yesenia Crespo (Dover, Fla. / Del Diaz Mambi Training Center / 63kg)
- Micaela Enriquez (Burleson, Texas / Ruben Martin Judo Training Center / +70kg)
- Daniel Neyra (Boca Raton, Fla. / Onikusu Judo Club / 51kg)
- Ruben Martin (Burleson, Texas / Ruben Martin Judo / 66kg)
- Pablo Redden-Gonzalez (Earlysville, Va. / Charlottesville Judo Academy / 81kg)
- Jimmy Barnes (Oklahoma City, Okla. / USA Stars / +90kg)