Fullerton Memorial Fund Online Auction Bidding Ends on Sunday
Bidding closes on Sunday at noon EDT for the Fullerton Memorial Fund Online Auction.
USA Judo recently announced the creation of the Fullerton Memorial Fund which was established in memory of Dr. Frank Fullerton, former USA Judo President and a seventh-degree black belt. Dr Fullerton gave tirelessly of himself to the sport of judo by dedicating years of his life to management of the sport in the Western hemisphere as well as on the world level. The fund's function is to promote grassroots programs by providing equipment grants to clubs that may not have the resources to purchase the equipment themselves. The goal of the fund is to promote participation in the sport of judo by providing access to equipment and safe environments for start up clubs or existing clubs that demonstrate a need.
"Since the passing of former President Frank Fullerton we have been trying to figure out how to keep the memory of this great man alive within USA Judo," said USA Judo CEO Jose H. Rodriguez (Colorado Springs, Colo.) "This Memorial Fund is one of the ways that we feel we will be able to keep Dr. Fullerton's legacy alive."
Dr. Fullerton's contributions to judo include nearly 20 years as USA Judo's President, more than a decade on the U.S. Olympic Committee Board of Directors and 10 years as the Pan American Judo Union Director of Sports. He was also a delegate to the International Judo Federation and attended meetings and events all over the world as an ambassador for USA Judo, the Panamerican Judo Union and the sport of judo.
The family of Dr. Frank Fullerton generously donated more than 300 pieces of judo memorabilia to USA Judo following Dr. Fullerton's passing in 2008.
The auction of this memorabilia will be available until the close of the USA Judo National Junior Olympic Championships domestic division on July 26 at Walt Disney World in Orlando, Fla. Bids will be accepted via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org until noon EDT. In-person bids will be accepted until 4 p.m. EDT. Click here to view the online auction. Items available for auction include:
- Commemorative books from the 1968, 1972, 1976, 1980, 1984, 1988, 1992 and 1996 Olympic Games
- 1984 Commemorative Olympic Team Photo Collage
- 2000 Sydney and 2004 Athens Olympic Games Commemorative Collages, including certificates, accreditation and Opening Ceremonies tickets
- Business cases and professional bags from Olympic, World Championship and Pan American events
- Appreciative clocks from the USJF, Pan American Judo Union and two John Osaka Awards
- USA Judo, World Championship and Olympic Team duffle bags
- Original photo of Jigoro Kano
- Two pairs of Frank Fullerton's customized boots
- 1996 Olympic torch
- 1983 Senior Nationals poster
- USA Judo gis
- USA Judo license plates
- Hanging wall pendants from Germany, Korea and the International Judo Federation
- Professional folders from international competitions, the U.S. Olympic Committee and the U.S. Marine Corps.