Dear USA Judo Committee Member:
Thank you again for your commitment and willingness to serve on a USA Judo Standing or Ad-Hoc Committee. I am sure you will agree that this year will come with challenges and your dedication to making USA Judo the best organization it can be is greatly appreciated by me and the Board of USA Judo. Please take a moment to review the USA Judo Bylaws (located here) and familiarize yourself with the duties and responsibilities you and your Committee have to the organization. Please read and understand the following key points below. If you, for any reason, need any further clarification on these points, please contact our CEO Jose Rodriguez.
1. All Committees will meet a minimum of four times per year. Two two of those meetings may be by tele/video conference.
2. Minutes from those meetings will be provided to the CEO Jose Rodriguez who will then provide them to the Board at its quarterly meetings.
3. All committee members must be notified in advance of any upcoming meetings. Meetings must have a quorum present to be defined as a meeting.
4. Email voting is acceptable when necessary; however, for votes to be valid 100% participation is required by the committee members before ANY action can be taken.
5. The chair of each committee is responsible for the dissemination of all information to each committee member. The chair also will schedule meetings, serve as the custodian of all documentation and act as the direct link between USA Judo CEO Jose Rodriguez and the committee.
6. While appointed by the Board, each committee serves and is directed by USA Judo CEO Jose Rodriguez. Except for unusual and unique circumstances, as defined by me as President of the USA Judo Board, is it not appropriate to communicate directly with the USA Judo Board or it's Members regarding any activities or decisions specific to your committee.
7. The term of your commitment is for one year. At the end of that term you may elect to continue and at that time the USA Judo Board may elect to support that continuation through the next term.
Thank you for taking the time to review the above information. If you have any questions or hesitation that you may serve under these conditions, please dont hesitate to contact me.
USA Judo President