Safe Sport: It begins with you – Education; Prevention; Protection, and Enforcement.
Click on the links above to learn more about our Safe Sport program.
About Safe Sport:
Athletes will perform better, soar higher, and get more from sport if they feel safe. The Safe Sport program seeks to create a healthy, supportive environment for all participants. Through education, resources, and training, the Safe Sport Program is designed to help members of the sport community recognize, respond, and to reduce misconduct in sport.
USA Field Hockey is committed to the on and off field safety and the welfare of its members, with top priority given to its athlete members.
1. Every USA Field Hockey member and participant should have a safe, healthy, fun sport environment.
2. Every USA Field Hockey member and participant should be protected from abuse and safe from harm.
3. All non-athlete members share a collective responsibility to protect USA Field Hockey’s membership.
4. Training will be made available for all USA Field Hockey members to increase awareness and under-standing of athlete protection policies and best practices.
5. All USA Field Hockey members (including the parents of youth members who themselves may not be members) will have access to resources, information, and guidance on Safe Sport related issues.
6. All allegations of abuse or concerns regarding athlete safety will be treated seriously and USA Field Hockey will respond timely and appropriately under USA Field Hockey’s applicable regulations and governing laws.
Click on the image above to download the full Safe Sport handbook