How Clubs Can Get Involved with Fundamental Field Hockey
Step 1: Click here to register for Fundamental Field Hockey online
Step 2: Find the right Hosts
- Decide on how many programs your club can partner with
- Maybe team up with another club in the area “share” Hosts
- Suggest potential Hosts in your area that you would like to work with
- Encourage Hosts to apply by sending them the PDF application or online link
- Make sure the organization requests your club!
Step 3: Your club will assist the Host by providing support, staffing and guidance as needed.
Step 4: Make it work for you! Fundamental Field Hockey is versatile, it can be run as:
- An afterschool 2 week clinic or a physical education class at an elementary school
- A summer camp at your local YMCA
- Parks and Rec seasonal league
- A U12 tournament with other programs in the area to conclude the program
- Plus much more!
Step 5: When Fundamental Field Hockey program is concluded, your club is encouraged to welcome all interested Fundamental Field Hockey participants as new U12 Members!
Some other ideas for finding hosts:
- Be proactive! Send potential hosts the application and information about Fundamental Field Hockey. This way you can pick Hosts that are convenient for your club.
- Contact a high schools feeder elementary schools or an entire school district, for a more concentrated effort.
- Use your U16 and U19 student athletes to help! They are always looking for community service hours.
- You can also contact the Youth Development Team for assistance in locating hosts