BOYS FIELD HOCKEY
Field hockey is a game played by boys and girls all over the world. This message has reached the United States and now we are growing the game for male athletes all across the country through our Grow the Game campaign and programming such as FUNdamental Field Hockey.
Field hockey is a great game for boys to develop their hand-eye coordination skills and also allow them to develop important life skills of teamwork, sportsmanship and leadership.
Take a look at the map below and you may be surprised at the number of locations boys are able to learn to play field hockey in the United States.
To help grow boys participation in the game, there will be a grant application available to apply for to help you start developing a program. The Grant Application will be coming soon.
More advanced coaching is available for the male youth through the High Performance and Regional Development programs. There are three High Performance programs:
- NorCal Sharks High Performance Center | Bay Area | Stanford University, Calif.
- Ventura County Red Devils High Performance Center | Ventura County, Calif.
- East Coast High Performance Center | Three locations:
- The Training Center | Spring City, Pa.
- National Training Center Sports Complex | Virginia Beach, Va.
- Harvard University | Cambridge, Mass.
There are also two Regional Development sites:
- Colorado Regional Development Site | Monument, Colo.
- Chula Vista Development Site | Olympic Training Center | Chula Vista, Calif.
For more information or general questions on boys programming, please email Warren Prestwich, USA Field Hockey Manager of Boys Development, at email@example.com.