USA Field Hockey
Home of Hockey to Host Prestigious 2017 World Cup Qualifying Tournament
The Pan American Hockey Federation has completed the process for awarding tournaments for the period 2015-2017. The Board of Directors approved the recommendations of the Bid Evaluation Committee, set-up in April 2014 for analyzing the proposals received from a number of member countries. The Bid Committee considered the quality of proposals, venues, accommodations conditions and prices, continental spread, and good record of hosting capability.
“PAHF looks forward to have first class events; timely award of events for the coming years will allow hosts to plan for successful events,” said Coco Budeisky, PAHF President.
The prestigious Pan American Cups 2017, World Cup Qualifiers, both men and women, are awarded to the USA Field Hockey's Home of Hockey at the Spooky Nook Sports in Lancaster, Pa. The PAHF Congress will also be part of this flagship PAHF event.
“We are delighted that the PAHF has decided to award the hosting of the Pan American Cup to USA Field Hockey,” said Women’s National Team Head Coach Craig Parnham. “This is an exciting time for USA Field Hockey as we continue to grow our profile within the global game and establish ourselves at the new Home of Hockey in Lancaster, PA. We very much look forward to welcoming the Pan American Nations in 2017.”
"The award to host the Pan American Cup is an honor for Spooky Nook Sports and an exciting opportunity to showcase international field hockey at its best here in Lancaster County, Pa.," said Spooky Nook Sports facility owner and founder Sam Beiler.
Other PAHF Events:
- Pan American Challenge (men & women), Chiclayo, Peru – October 2015
- South American Championships (men & women), Chiclayo, Peru – October 2016
- Junior Pan American Championship, men, Toronto, Canada – June 2016
- Junior Pan American Championship, women, Tacarigua, Trinidad & Tobago – July 2016
- Indoor Pan American Cups (men & women), Toronto, Canada – April 2017
- Pan American Cups (men & women), Lancaster, PA, USA – August 2017