European Masters Open to held in August in Northern Ireland
Dear Fellow USA Men’s Masters Hockey Players,
European Masters Open, August 10-18, 2013, Northern Ireland
After our participation in the FIH Masters World Cup last year, USA Field Hockey intends to send men’s national masters teams to compete in the European Masters Open, to be held August 10 – 18, 2013, in Northern Ireland. The event will be played at the Lisnagarvey Hockey Club, Lisburn, Northern Ireland and additional details of the event can be found on Ireland Masters Hockey website at www.irelandmasters.com.
Age groups are O-40, O-45, O-50 and O-55 for men. The age cut-off date is December 31, 2013. USA Field Hockey is targeting two men’s teams: one at O-40 and the other at O-50, but is dependent upon the number of responses.
As with the Masters World Cup last year, the standard of hockey will be high, with the major hockey-playing nations including Olympians and national team players. A high level of team fitness is a key requirement for this competition.
A squad preparation weekend in June 2013 is in the workds with matches against competitive opposition.
If you are interested in participating, please respond as soon as possible to:
• Warren Prestwich, Men’s Masters Database Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Response must be received by Friday March 22, 2013 at the latest and must include the following:
• Full name, date of birth / age at December 31, 2013, and confirmation that you are a US citizen and can travel for this event.
• Field position(s).
• Hockey-playing resume, including details of the standard at which you have played, and your current team. Providing this information is important. If you provided this information last year for the Masters World Cup we don’t need you to re-submit all the information, just details of your current hockey participation.
• Confirmation that you will be available for the full tournament and are not sensitive to a last minute withdrawal due to work pressures or commitments.
• Confirmation that you are prepared to fund your participation to the level of anticipated costs above.
• A commitment to be fit to high performance standard and to the level necessary to sustain through a nine day tournament.