USA FIELD HOCKEY is recognized by the United States Olympic Committee as the national governing body for the sport of field hockey in the USA. USA Field Hockey has over 26,000 members and oversees the junior national and Olympic teams and is responsible for the development and promotion of the game
USA Field Hockey Job Opportunities:
Sport Development Coordinator | Colorado Springs, Colo.
The Sport Development Coordinator is responsible for assisting in the delivery and execution of the sport developmental programs of USA Field Hockey.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Assists in the delivery, management, marketing and optimization of the USA Field Hockey youth development, umpire and coach education programs including the Fundamental Field Hockey Equipment Grant Program and all Coach Education initiatives including our Foundations, Accreditation Courses and Workshops.
Reviews and updates sport development, umpire and coach education sections of the website to ensure content is accurate. Creates social media posts as necessary to promote programs and initiatives
Assists in the creation and maintenance of key stakeholder databases in Webpoint, USA Field Hockey’s proprietary software system
Assist in managing high quality programs that produce enjoyable field hockey experiences for participants, parents, coaches, and volunteers
Help ensure all programs and services are consistent with USA Field Hockey policies and protocols
Assists in the creation and delivery of USA Field Hockey diversity and inclusion initiatives, meeting program and athlete targets, while working closely with grant funding partners to ensure that program milestones and grant requirements are accomplished
With the Commercial Manager and National Development Director, helps deliver partner obligations
Periodically attends national and regional sport and youth conferences and events for marketing our developmental programs
Assists in the development of reports as necessary
Help prepare budgets and forecasts for Sport Development and Coach Education programs and initiatives
Provides superior customer service to internal and external constituents
Manages auxiliary sport development email inboxes
Perform other related duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree required
Licensure & Certification:
- Minimum 1 year experience working in the sports industry field
- Ideal candidate has a passion for sports development and field hockey
- Experience providing high level customer service
- Experience working independently
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office programs
- Prefer candidate with video editing experience
- Have exceptional interpersonal and communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to multi-task, handle frequent interruptions and competing priorities, be good at time management and meet deadlines
Tools, Equipment, & Conditions:
- This is primarily an office position, although some field work will be required. Incumbent will need to be able to successfully operate basic office equipment with ease. Incumbent will also be required do to some lifting of no more than 50 lbs. Long periods of sitting may occur. Field work may consist of standing for long periods of time, crouching, reaching and bending. Field work may also be in areas of high noise levels. Some travel and work on weekends is required of this position.
- Preferably Colorado Springs, CO in the USA Field Hockey National Office, through remote candidates will be considered.
- Commensurate with experience and qualifications
Regional Job Opportunities:
None at this time
Coaching Job Opportunities: Click Here