Classification Change Information | Classification Chart
National Team Championship Classification Information
- Division I NAC and National Championships are always Group A4 competitions.
- Division I-A National Championships are always at least Group A3 competitions.
- Division II NAC and National Championships are always at least Group B3 competitions.
- Division III NAC and National Championships are always at least Group C3 competitions.
- Changes in classifications are allowed at USFA sanctioned individual competitions that are restricted to Veterans and to Junior fencers.
- Division, Section and Regional Youth and Cadet Competitions must meet or exceed criteria for C1 to award changes in classification. (BOD, July ’02, July 03).
- The USFA does permit classification changes at mixed competitions without regard to gender of fencers.
The Board of Directors passed the following motion during their meeting on 29 March 2012.
Motion: To remove the awarding of classification changes based upon results in all team events. This would repeal the language currently present in the Operations Manual, Chapter 6, Section 6(A), paragraphs 3 and 4. This motion goes into effect immediately.