Each year, USA Curling sponsors a Junior National Championship. The championship program, which leads to world competition, is a means for junior curlers from across the nation to enhance both on-ice and off-ice skills and abilities. Participation in such structured, high-level curling competition can help youth:
- learn to work as a team,
- develop leadership and communication skills,
- set and work toward achievable goals,
- manage success and disappointment,
- perform under pressure, and
- improve overall physical fitness.
Camaraderie among participants often results in friendships that last long after the competition ends.
Beginning with the 2013 Junior National Championships, USA Curling offered structured educational programs for athletes and coaches as part of this event. USA Curling Sport Education plans to continue offering similar formal educational experiences in the future.