Coaching is a critical component of athlete development. As part of the national organization’s commitment to the professional development of curling coaches, the USA Curling Coaches Association was established in 2013. The association is the primary entry point for individuals who wish to be recognized as certified curling coaches in the United States. It also provides the opportunity for dialogue with other coaches at all levels of the sport. Association members have access to the following benefits:
- Ability to coach at the National Championships and other USA Curling-sanctioned events.
- Access to select USA Curling High Performance Program clinics, camps, and program resources.
- Free workshops/online courses when coaching teams at certain championship events.
- Access to online certification courses at special rates through sport education partners.
- Opportunity for name to be listed in the National Coaches Registry (NCR) - a listing of certified ASEP coaches.
Opportunity for name to be listed in the Positive Coaching Alliance (PCA) Double-Goal Coach® database - a listing of certified Double-Goal Coaches.
- Receipt of PCA’s monthly 2-Minute drills.
- Access to PCA’s weekly ‘Talking Points’ on key topics to discuss with players to help them become better athletes.
To register with the Association, follow the steps below:
- Go to https://usca.sportssignup.com/
- Click the large red “Login/Register” button on the top of the screen.
- Log into the system with an existing account or select “Create an Account” if this is your first time visiting the registration site.
- Select “Apply to Coach/Volunteer.”
- On the “Choose Registrant” screen, select your name; then, click “Register Now.”
- Scroll down to “USA Curling Coaches Association” and click “Register Now.”
- Complete the Registration Information and press “Continue.”
More information on the various coaching communities can be found in the Certifications and Training section of the website. Please contact USA Curling at email@example.com with questions. For assistance during the registration process, call (715) 344-1199.