- Level I Official
- Level II Official
- Level III Official
- Level IV Official
- Officiating Forms and Resources
- Schedule a Course
- Sign Up For Course
The highest level officials, Level IV, are the nation’s most experienced with both national and international officiating resumes. This appointment is by invitation only. The candidate must be a certified Level III Official and must have served in that capacity for a minimum of four (4) years. The candidate must meet the following criteria as a minimum for consideration as a USCA Level IV Umpire:
- Demonstrate comprehensive knowledge of all WCF and USCA rules, procedures, and policies
- Read USA Curling SafeSport Handbook
- Pass background check through National Center for Safety Initiatives (NCSI)
- USOC SafeSport online training
- Serve as a Chief Umpire (CU) or a Deputy Chief Umpire (DCU) at a minimum of five (5) National Championships within the past ten (10) years
- Minimum of five (5) years experience serving as WCF Game Umpire, Deputy Chief Umpire or Chief Umpire positions at international events (at least 3 of these events occurring outside of North America)
- Work as CU or a DCU at one international event
- Obtain satisfactory reviews from each National Chief Umpire and athletes, and each international Chief Umpire
- In addition, the official must have the ability to interact with athletes and other officials in a professional manner
- Upon completion of all practical requirements, Level IV candidates must submit all experience records to the USCA National Office for review by the National Chief Umpire and Rules and Officiating Committee.
- The Chair of the Rules and Officiating Committee will notify Level IV candidates of the decision and may ask candidates to resubmit applications following completion of additional experience.
Certification Maintenance Requirement:
þ Level IV officials must agree to be available to CU and DCU officials for consultation, if necessary, during National Championships, Challenge Rounds, Qualifier Rounds, and Olympic Qualifiers.
þ They should be available to conduct officiating courses and supervise Level III and Apprentice Level III officials when they run officiating courses. Level IV officials must be available to work international events as asked by the WCF.
Failure to maintain certification will necessitate participation in a new officiating course (as a rules refresher).