Level II instructors help beginner to intermediate curlers improve their skills and knowledge of the game. Please note: The Level II Instructor Course is currently being revised. It is anticipated that the revised Level II Course will begin to be offered throughout the country during the 2014-15 season.
- Certification as USCA Level I Instructor
- Complete a recognized first aid course (or provide proof of current first aid certification); this can be completed either through an online or in-person certification course.
- Read USA Curling SafeSport Handbook.
USA Curling Coursework:
- USA Curling Level II Instructor Clinic*
- Complete and document a minimum of five (5) hours of on-ice instruction with curlers who are beyond learn-to-curl or open house level training.
- Upon completion of the practical requirements, forward Level I Application to USA Curling through mail or email to:
Attn: Development Associate
5525 Clem’s Way
Stevens Point, WI 54482
In some cases, Club Training and Education Coordinators (TECs) may also request copies of documents for their records. Please DO NOT rely on TECs to submit paperwork to the USCA. Always send a copy to the National Office directly.
Certification Maintenance Requirements:
- Stay current with the prescribed USA Curling Instructor program and complete refresher training (once developed).
- Document at least fifteen (15) hours of continuing involvement as a Level II instructor every three (3) years.
- Maintain first aid certification.
* Participants do not have to be able to perform a sliding delivery to participate. Stick and wheelchair curlers are encouraged to sign up for the course.