Design the 2015 College National Championship logo and win a prize
The United States Curling Association (USCA) College Curling Committee is pleased to announce that thanks to a generous donation from Brooms Up Curling Supplies we are now taking submissions for our second annual USA Curling College Championship Logo Contest. The 2015 National College Championship will be held March 13-15 at the Rochester Curling Club in Rochester, N.Y. The rules are the same as last year, but the prizes are an upgrade.
1) One entry only per person.
2) The entry MUST be submitted from a valid college or university email address.
3) The entry MUST be submitted in TIF format, 8 bits/channel, RGB, with no file dimension less than 1,500 pixels, nor more than 2,500 pixels.
4) Minimum space from any point on the logo to the edge of the file may not be less than 50 pixels nor greater than 75 pixels.
5) The background MUST be white, with a maximum of 4 colors other than the background.
6) Submission must include, as a separate file, a line drawing of the edges with no colors other than black and white, at the same size as the color version.
7) Submissions are to be sent to Gordon Maclean, email@example.com, with the subject line "College Curling Logo Submission," no later than 10 p.m. ET on Monday, Sept. 29. Please include your name, and phone number, as part of the submission email.
The submissions will be judged by the USCA College Curling Committee, with the winners announced no later than Oct. 10. Submissions will be judged on the clarity with which they project the "College Curling Championship" theme, the best inclusion of the event dates and location, and the legibility of the design when scaled up or down.
We are pleased to announce that, thanks to a generous donation from Brooms Up Curling Supplies, the school club of the winning submission will receive six BalancePlus Composite Brooms, in your choice of color(or colors, any combination.) A design that uses a mix of both carbon fiber and fiberglass to achieve a weight that is between the two other models. Handle weight is approximately 300g. Patented Tapered design that helps to avoid hand slipping, 1" diameter at the top end provides the most comfort for the upper hand while sweeping or skipping 1 1/8" diameter at the head end provides more comfort for the lower hand while brushing.
Get creative, good luck, and, of course...good curling!