USA Curling is hiring a fundraising manager and administrative assistant
USA Curling Fundraising Manager
The U.S. Curling Association (d.b.a. USA Curling) is the National Governing Body (NGB) for the winter Olympic sport of curling in the United States. Its mission is to grow and develop the sport of curling at all levels, and to support and develop athletes in pursuit of international competitive excellence.
USA Curling is seeking a dynamic fundraising professional to design, develop and launch a successful fundraising program. The Fundraising Manager is responsible for effectively communicating USA Curling’s mission through various efforts such as: developing a strong individual donor base; leading and executing fundraising events, and planning and coordinating efforts with USA Curling Board of Directors and staff.
This position will serve as a member of USA Curling’s management team, responsible for implementing and maintaining a comprehensive fundraising plan that includes strategies to sustain and expand a diverse funding base, guiding and managing the execution of an annual plan to meet established revenue goals within authorized spending limits. The Fundraising Manager will develop and issue timely analysis to monitor and report on initiatives, revenue sources, goal status and net dollar performance measurements.
The Fundraising Manager will report directly to the COO.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Build a sustainable fundraising program from the ground up by building a donor base through annual giving, major and planned gifts, and grants. This will include:
- Creating and directing a major gifts program for funding from individuals.
- Staffing, organizing and planning all aspects of fundraising activities, including but not limited to, benefit events, direct mail campaigns, auctions, banquets, etc.
- Organizing solicitation drives for pledges of ongoing support from individuals, corporations, and foundations.
- Researching and managing the proposal process for grant agencies and foundations, including tracking and reporting all proposals to USA Curling.
- Working with the COO, establish short- and long-range financial goals and create a strategic fundraising plan. Enlist support from members, staff and volunteers as needed.
- Work with USA Curling staff and volunteers to develop specific fundraising projects.
- Ability to select and implement donor database, ensure accuracy and maintenance of donor database, manage gift and grant tracking and related data entry and reporting analysis and prepare letters of acknowledgment
- Develop collateral materials, and generate content for USA Curling’s website, e-newsletter, membership magazine, and other communication outlets.
- Prepare budget and forecasts for fundraising activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Education and Qualifications:
- B.S./B.A. degree required.
- Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) preferred.
- Three or more years fundraising or equivalent experience.
- Self-starter who can conceptualize, formulate strategy, and execute independently.
- Demonstrated success in donor cultivation, solicitation and maintaining relationship with both individuals and corporations.
- Substantial experience engaging a senior leadership team, coordinating with staff, and working with Boards and volunteers.
- Solid knowledge of fundraising and foundation management best practices and ethics.
- Ability to design, plan and organize fund development and other major giving strategies.
- Experienced in planning and coordinating events.
- Knowledgeable with social media applications.
- Flexible schedule, including the ability to work evenings and weekends when necessary.
- Willingness to travel.
- Be able to present at least 5 examples of successful fundraising, annual giving, and major gifts experiences.
- Advanced computer proficiency with Fundraising Software, i.e. Sage, Blackbaud products, MS Office, and other database and contact management systems.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to multi-task, handle frequent interruptions and competing priorities, manage time efficiently and meet deadlines.
- Full-time position; minimum 40-hour work week.
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States.
- USA Curling is based in Stevens Point, Wis. Position may be based here, but remote work site may be considered.
- Start date: Immediately
Application Process: Submit a letter of application, current resume, and a list of references by mail or email to:
Attn: Rick Patzke,
5525 Clem’s Way, Stevens Point, WI 54482
United States Curling Association, Inc.
The USCA is looking for a qualified individual who is good with people and likes a job with variety, challenge, constant activity and the opportunity to work within the Olympic movement. Minimal travel required. Seasonal (fall-winter) overtime is possible. The position is permanent, full-time, with competitive compensation and company-supported health, dental and life insurance benefits. Candidates will be considered based on their demonstrated combination of education, skills, experience, and work ethic. Start date will be mid- to late-September.
General information: Work assignments for this position include: data entry; receptionist and secretarial duties; arranging of equipment shipping; coordination of meeting and event logistics; monitoring mail, email and faxes on a daily basis; assist other co-workers as directed.
What skills and education will help me get this job? Business office experience, technical, or associate degree; enthusiasm, people and communications skills and strong work ethic; ability to meet deadlines while multi-tasking; experience using Microsoft Word and Excel, and QuickBooks.
What is the USCA? The United States Curling Association is the National Governing Body for the ice sport of curling, an Olympic Winter Games sport. Member, U.S. Olympic Committee & World Curling Federation. The national office has been located in Stevens Point, Wis., since 1985.
How do I apply? If you are interested in being considered for this position, contact Sandy Robinson at 715-344-1199 x205, email email@example.com, fax 715-344-2279, or write the USCA at 5525 Clem’s Way, Stevens Point, Wisconsin 54482. Please include your resume, references and a letter describing your interest in and qualifications for the position.
The USCA is an equal opportunity employer.