|Born:||Feb. 4, 1949, in Joensuu, Finland|
|Occupation:|| Retired Employee Benefits Consultant
|Education:||Graduate of Dartmouth College|
|Family:||Married, two children -- Aileen and Grant|
|Year started curling:||1975|
- U.S. Club National Championships: 2011 (semifinalists) 2005, (champions)
- Minnesota Club Men's Champions: 2005 & 2011
- USCA Senior National Championships: 2003 (semifinalist), 2004 (semifinalist), 2006 (runner-up), 2009 (runner-up), 2011 (runner-up).
- USSMCA Senior Championships: 2006 (3rd Event winner), 2007 (2nd Event winner), 2014 (1st Event runner-up)
- Minnesota State Senior Champions: 2011 (champion); runner-up in 2001
- Duluth Curling Club Men's Champions: 1987, 1997, 2004, 2006, 2009, 2010, & 2012, Runner-up 2002 and 2008
- Duluth Curling Club Open Champions: 2014
- U.S. Olympic Team Trials: 2009 (5th)
- U.S. Women's National Championship: 2011, 2009
- Junior B National Playdown: 2003 (champion) as coach of Chris Plys rink, 2002, 2001
- 2004 World Junior B Championships in Denmark (5-2) 3rd in pool
- Junior Women's National Championships: 2004 (champion), 2003 (runner-up), 2002 (runner-up), 2001 (semifinalist) as coach of Aileen Sormunen rink
About Seppo Sormunen:
Curls out of: Duluth Curling Club
Personal goals: Win the U.S. Seniors, lower golf scores.
Curling highlight: Winning four out of four mixed bonspiels with his son and daughter
Other sports: Incline marathoner -- advanced class; member of SK8 Hard Racing Team of Northern Minnesota
Seppo was a member of the 1968 Minnesota All-State Sportswriters Hockey Team and was selected to the All-District Hockey Team in 1967 and 1968 while in high school.
Seppo has served as chairman of seven men's and women's state championships and of the 2001 U.S. Olympic Qualifier.