|Teammates:||Tyler George, Matt Hamilton, Trevor Host|
|Occupation:||Manager at Pickwick Restaurant and Pub|
|Education:||Bachelor's of business administration-marketing degree from the University of Minnesota-Duluth|
|Family:||Married to Sarah; one son, Luke|
|Year started curling:||1997|
- Olympic Winter Games: 2014 (9th), 2010 (10th), 2006 (bronze)
- U.S. Olympic Team Trials: 2014 (champion), 2010 (champion), 2006 (champion)
- Continental Cup: 2014 (champion), 2003 (runner-up)
- U.S. National Championships: 2014 (5th), 2013 (bronze), 2012 (bronze), 2011 (6th), 2010 (5th), 2009 (champion), 2008 (6th), 2006 (champion), 2005 (champion), 2004 (runner-up), 2003 (champion)
- World Championships: 2009 (5th), 2006 (4th), 2005 (6th), 2003 (8th)
- World University Games: 2007 (gold)
- U.S. Junior Nationals: 2004 (champion), 2002 (runner-up)
- Minnesota State Junior Championships: 2004 (champion), 2003 (runner-up),2002 (champion)
- Minnesota State High School Curling Championships: 1999 (champion)
- USA Curling Team of the Year: 2006
- USA Curling Male Athlete of the Year: 2009
- U.S. Olympic Committee Team of the Year: 2006
About John Shuster:
Curls out of: Duluth (Minn.) Curling Club
Curling start: "My dad curls, so when I decided to hang up the basketball shoes, I needed a new winter activity. I went down to the club on Junior Night and have been hooked ever since."
What he enjoys most about the sport: "I enjoy meeting new people and making new friends, even at the highest levels of competition."
Curling family: "My dad, mom, sister and numerous aunts, uncles and cousins all participate in our holiday bonspiel that the Shuster family trophy is awarded."