|Born:||October 10, 1082, in Mt. Kisco, NY|
|Education:||Student at Hibbing Community College|
|Year started curling:||2001|
|Height:||5 feet, 9 inches|
- World University Games: 2007 (gold)
- U.S. Junior Nationals: 2004, 2003 (champion both years)
- Minnesota Junior Men's State Championship: 2004, 2003 (champion both years)
- Junior B National Playdown: 2003
- Elected Honorary Flag Bearer for U.S. delegation at Closing Ceremony of 2007 World University Games
About Shane McKinlay:
Curls out of: Utica Curling Club
Curling start: "I had some friends that curled and they brought me down to the club to throw a few rocks, and I haven't stopped yet."
What do you enjoy most about the sport? "The company it keeps. You won't meet better people in the world than curlers, nor will you find a sport with more sportsmanship and camaraderie."
Other sports: Hockey, baseball, football, soccer
Training regimen: "Throw more rocks than anyone else. After that, throw more rocks until I can't physically throw anymore. Then throw more rocks."
Curling goals: "Dominate the sport. I want to win back-to-back gold medals at ever level and eventually coach a team to gold at every level. I also want to keep the friendships I have made through curling strong. Outside of my parents, curlers are a bigger part of my life than anything else has been. I feel very fortunate to have those people in my life and to be able to enjoy this great game."