||Gabrielle Coleman, Britt Rjanikov, Mary Shields
||May 26, 1968, in Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada
||Sports facility planner for Brailsford & Dunlavey
|Year started curling
|Smith College & McGill University, Montreal
- U.S. National Championships: 2010 (8th)
- U.S. Club National Championships: 2008 (4th)
- Women's Challenge Round: 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010
CURLS OUT OF: Potomac Curling Club
What other sports do you play?
Golf and ice hockey (summer league)
What is your career highlight to date?
• Managing adrenalin to place lead rocks in our thirteenth game, in the twelfth end (yes, an extra extra end) to steal and win a berth to the provincial mixed championships.
• Skipping our team to a fourth place finish in the 2008 US Club Nationals Championships.
• Being President of the Montreal Thistle Curling Club.
• Being President of the Potomac Curling Club.
What is one shot you would like to try one more time?
Do you have any hidden talents? Something unique about yourself?
I easily fall asleep on airplanes; I can sing; My favorite recipe is marble chocolate cheesecake.
What is one thing you’d like to do before you die? I have to keep travelling! I’ve walked the Great Wall of China; hiked Machu Picchu; visited the Galapagos; seen a volcano in Hawaii from a helicopter and looked over the top crater of Vesuvius; kissed the Blarney Stone; been at the top of St. Peter’s, St. Paul’s, Giotto’s Campanile, the Eiffel Tower, and the Monastery at Petra; been to the Salt Lake and Vancouver Olympic Games; watched an opera at the Bolshoi; come third in an organ grinding context in the Netherlands; ridden a camel at the pyramids of Giza and an elephant in Singapore; and floated in the Dead Sea….but there is so much more to do!
Favourite Bands/Music? Great Big Sea
What is your favourite Movie(s)? Hopscotch
What is your earliest curling memory?
Playing “Points” (aka Hot Shots) in my first month of curling, and winning the Leads/Seconds category to receive a bottle of scotch.