||Debbie McCormick, Jessica Schultz, Ann Swisshelm
||Physician assistant with McMaster Family Health Team
||Married, two sons, one step-son
|Year started curling
||Bachelor's degree from the University of Wisconsin-Madison; master's degree from Finch University of Health Sciences (Chicago)
- U.S. Olympic Team - Curling: 2014 (10th), 1998 (5th), 1988 (5th)
- U.S. National Championships: 2013 (champion), 2012 (6th), 2011 (4th), 2010 (champion), 2009 (4th), 2007 (bronze), 2006, 2005 (3rd), 2004 (champion), 2003 (runner-up); 2002 (champion), 2001 (runner-up), 2000 (runner-up), 1999 (champion), 1998 (3rd), 1997 (3rd), 1996 (champion), 1995 (champion), 1993 (3rd), 1991 (runner-up)
- World Championships: 2013 (4th), 2010 (5th), 2004 (4th), 2002 (7th), 1999 (silver), 1996 (silver), 1995 (5th)
- U.S. Olympic Team Trials – Curling: 2014 (1st), 2010 (4th), 2006 (3rd), 2002 (runner-up); 1998, ’92, ‘88 (champion each year)
- Continental Cup: 2014, 2011 (champion), 2004 (champion), 2002 (champion)
- U.S. Mixed Nationals: 2000 (champion)
- Junior Nationals: 1994, ’93, ’92, ’91, ’89, ‘88 (champion each year); 1990 (bronze)
- Junior Worlds: 1994 (silver), 1993 (bronze), 1992 (silver), 1991 (5th), 1989 (5th), 1988 (7th)
- USA Curling Female Athlete of the Year: 2013, 2004, 1994, 1989
- USA Curling Team of the Year: 2013, 2004, 1999
Watch the women's Olympic team's parody of "What does the fox say"
Competition schedule, 2013-14:
||Fort Wayne Cashspiel
||Fort Wayne, IN
||Stu Sells Oakville Tankard
||Shoot Out @ Saville Centre
||Shorty Jenkins Classic
||Curler's Corner Autumn Gold
||Stroud Sleeman Classic
|Oct. 29-Nov. 2
||Masters of Curling
||2014 U.S. Olympic Team Trials
||Four Nation Invitation
||International Bernese Ladies Cup
||Consolation bracket winner
||Continental Cup of Curling
||Las Vegas, Nev.
||2014 Olympic Winter Games
About Erika Brown:
Brown is also an accomplished golfer; she was Wisconsin State High School champion in 1990 and ’91, was on the University of Wisconsin 1994 Big Ten Championship team, and was twice the City of Madison women’s champion.
Brown won her first State Junior Championship (21 and under) at age 12. Brown has studied French and Swahili, and holds degrees in political science and women’s studies from the University of Wisconsin – Madison. She recently completed graduate school in the physician assistant program at Finch University of Health Sciences.
In her own words: "My first experience in a curling club was at 8 days old when my mother brought me to the Milwaukee men’s bonspiel to watch my father play."
Curling mentor: "My father has been my coach since the beginning, and basically taught me everything I know about the game. He has incredible mental focus and is a great motivator."
Heroes: "In sports, Tiger Woods. He's brought fire into a game that I love."
What I'd like the world to know about curling: "Curling is a very intense, strategic sport that, like golf, can never be perfected and keeps you coming back for more."
First curling memories: "My dad had me practicing at quite a young age (about 7). In fact, because I was too small to handle the 42-pound stones we routinely substituted Kleenex boxes and ashtrays, which I would toss down the sheet instead."
Other favorite sports: "Golf. It’s a perfect sport to play along with curling. Both require a great amount of touch, timing and strategy."