USOC Athlete Career Program
In partnership with Adecco
In response to the growing need for career-related programs and services among America's elite athletes, the U.S. Olympic Committee (USOC) and its Official Career Management Services Sponsor, Adecco, have created the Athlete Career Program (ACP).
The USOC and the Adecco Group understand that elite athletes' priority is to focus on their sport career. However, we also know that there comes a point in life when individuals need to make decisions about their post-athletic careers and their future. Through utilizing the ACP, U.S. Olympians, Paralympians, coaches, and Olympic and Paralympic hopefuls can accomplish two main objectives:
- Alleviate career or job-related concerns, outside of the field of play, which will allow them to perform better while training and competing.
- Better prepare themselves for the inevitable transition from sport, thus allowing them to be more focused on their sport while they are an active competitor.
Through the ACP, athletes can receive personalized career management resources and services, programs and services include the following:
• Personal career assistance – work with your own career coach to assist you with everything from creating your personal career game plan, to creating a resume, to getting the job you want.
• Job placement assistance – whether you’re looking for a part-time, flexible scheduled job, full-time employment, or an internship or job shadowing opportunity, Adecco can help you find what you need.
(Please view our Available Job Opportunities site for a list of positions currently available!)
• Career management seminars – these seminars are broken into five topics that can be delivered anywhere and anytime to fit athletes’ schedules. The topics are listed below.
To register for the Athlete Career Program and be assisgned a personal career coach for career consultation and/or job placement assistance, please contact Keith.Bryant@usoc.org for the Athlete Career Program registration form.
Once you have completed the form, please follow the instructions on the bottom of the registration. A career coach from Adecco will then follow up with you in 5-8 business days. If you have any questions please call 800.933.4473, ext.1.