Welcome, Connie Blackwood
It is with great pleasure to announce and have onboard Connie Blackwood as our newest member of USA C/K Board of Directors. Connie will serve with us for four years in the Independent position. Connie has a rich history of contributing to the growth of our sport and we are honored to have her join us on our journey. Her credentials are most impressive and we truely are fortunate to have her on our team. With her leadership skills on our Board, USA C/K has much to gain.
Welcome aboard, Connie.
All my best,
Constance C. Blackwood
- Board of Directors for American Canoe Association 2004 – 2012
- Served one term as Treasurer and two terms as Vice President
- Currently serving on the Properties committee as a non-board member
- Member of Idaho Paddlers, Idaho Falls, Idaho 1989-2001
- Published “Hot Water” paddling newsletter
- Stunt double in whitewater paddling scenes for Disney film “White Wolves II: Legend of the wild” 1995
20 year career in Corporate Training
Deputy-Director of Education for the Department of Energy, Idaho National Laboratory:
Developed auditing programs that ensured knowledge content was consistent in all of the Department of Energy’s Nuclear Reactor Operator training programs. Managed employee education programs and oversaw k-12 outreach programming.
Director of Education at University Space Research Association. Facilitated connections between our 100 University partners and NASA research program requirements. Supervised k-12 programs for all USRA/NASA research projects. Wrote grants and participated in major proposal presentations.
Pioneered Electronic Medical Records program for Native Americans in Alaska. Worked with Computational Analysis Corporation, the State of Alaska, and the Indian Health Service to collect raw data and develop data bases for improved health care information. Presented project findings and progress at IEEE/Medical Informatics conferences. Anchorage, Alaska
- Undergraduate degree in Management Science
- Master’s in Public Administration
- Doctoral degree in Adult Learning Theory
American Red Cross, Montana Chapter, Gallatin Country Disaster Response Team Leader