Job Title: Sprint High Performance Manager (posted March 5, 2013, closes March 22, 2013)
The USA Canoe/Kayak Sprint High Performance Manager is responsible for the coordination and implementation of USA Canoe/Kayak’s Sprint High Performance Plan. This individual will work closely with USA Canoe/Kayak National Staff, Sprint Coaches Association and Sprint High Performance Committee as well as our key partners at the Oklahoma City Boathouse Foundation and the U.S. Olympic Committee.
The High Performance Manager will:
- Facilitate the development of the Sprint High Performance Program consistent with the Organizational Goals of USA Canoe/Kayak (http://www.teamusa.org/USA-Canoe-Kayak/About-Us.aspx);
- Coordinate the development and oversee the implementation of the USA Canoe/Kayak Sprint High Performance plan ;
- Work with Sprint High Performance Staff to develop, launch and manage a Talent Detection program;
- Conduct regular meetings with Sprint High Performance staff to review goals and ensure they are being met;
- Serve as USA Canoe/Kayak’s point of contact to the U.S. Olympic Committee related to the Sprint High Performance program;
- Supervise and support the administrative functions and needs of the Sprint High Performance program and coaching staff;
- Maintain consistent and collaborative communication with the USA Canoe/Kayak High Performance partners including but not limited to the Oklahoma City Boathouse Foundation and the U.S. Olympic Committee;
- Support the continuing development of the USA Canoe/Kayak Club system and the objectives of the National Sprint Development Director;
- Assist with managing the Sprint High Performance budget;
- Serve as a resource to the development of USA Canoe/Kayak’s Paracanoe High Performance Program.
Resourcefulness with disciplined administrative and financial management skills are critical qualities to the position. Strong consultative, facilitation and decision-making skills are required. The ability to organize and coach occasional training sessions (related to the Talent Detection program) would be an outstanding contribution to this position. The ability to communicate passionately about the sport and engage young athletes towards our Sprint High Performance program is critical. Participation and coaching experience in Sprint Racing is desirable; knowledge and experience of Elite level Sprint Racing is a plus.
Excellent command of the English language is critical for the position. International travel is likely to be a part of the position so a passport will be necessary. Please include educational background and knowledge of IT tools.
This position will be located at the USA Canoe/Kayak Headquarters at the Oklahoma City Boathouse District in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.
Salary for this position will be commensurate with experience. All applications will be confidential.
This position reports to the USA Canoe/Kayak Chief Executive Officer.
Interested candidates please send a cover letter, resume and/or questions to Joe Jacobi via email at email@example.com.
Job Title: Intern (posted: indefinitely)
For those seeking internships please email your resume to Gerald Babao via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your interest.