Athlete Highlight Kristi Koplin
Athlete Highlight: Kristi Koplin
Kristi Koplin began her career in bobsled in October of 2010 after completing her education at Southern Utah University, where she earned a B.S. in nursing while concurrently starring on the track and field team. Koplin holds school records in the hammer (59.19), discuss (50.32) and weight throw (17.41) competitions. Koplin was introduced to bobsled via an email from Olympic bronze medalist Elana Meyers. Shortly after, she attended a recruitment camp in Lake Placid, New York.
* Received the 2014 Women's Bobsled Athletes' Choice Award.
* Named as one of two alternates on the women's bobsled team for the 2014 Winter Olympic Games in Sochi, Russia.
* Has served as the brakeman for four different drivers (Bree Schaaf, Shauna Rohbock, Jazmine Fenlator and Jamie Greubel.)
* Won the GOLD medal in seven races in the 2012-2013 North American Cup series as brakeman for driver Bree Schaaf.
* Earned the BRONZE medal in Park City (11/11) as part of the 2011-2012 America's Cup as brakeman for Shauna Rohbock.
* She earned varsity letters in track and field, swimming and water polo, while attending Mountain View High School in Orem, Utah.
* While attending Southern Utah University, Koplin participated in the ROTC program.
* Upon graduation from SUU, she was commissioned as a 2LT in the Army. Currently, she is a 1LT and a member of the Army's World Class Athlete Program.
* While off the track, she has revealed that she is recovering from her addiction to shopping.