USA Bobsled and Skeleton
Board of Directors Position Announcements
Dear USBSF Member:
The USBSF Nominating and Governance Committee is pleased to announce the nomination process for candidates for an At-Large Director position and an Independent Director position for the USBSF Board of Directors. Per the USBSF's Bylaws, the USBSF Nominating and Governance Committee is currently accepting nominations for the above-mentioned directorships. In addition to any new applicants, the currently seated Directors in the two eligible seats (Marci Francis and John Ball, respectively) will be considered for an additional term if they are interested.
For your reference, the USBSF Bylaws are located at:
Applicants interested in the above USBSF Director positions should submit a completed nomination form (below) and a resume/CV by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or fax (719.866.4288) by no later than 5pm MT on Wednesday, June 17, 2009. Please do not hesitate to contact me at 719.866.4138 if you have questions.
Thank you for your interest and support of the USBSF!
Eric J. Parthen
Chair, USBSF Nominating and Governance Committee
For a PDF file of these forms, please click here.
2009 NOMINATION FORM
FOR THE U.S. BOBSLED AND SKELETON FEDERATION BOARD OF DIRECTORS POSITIONS
(Completed materials should be submitted electronically to email@example.com or by fax to (719) 866-4288 no later than June 17, 2009.)
Nominee's Printed Name: ___________________________________________
Director position for which you are seeking nomination (please check only one):
Business Address: _________________________________________________
Business Phone: __________________________________________________
Home Address: ___________________________________________________
Home Telephone: _________________________________________________
Mobile Telephone: _________________________________________________
Email Address: ____________________________________________________
In addition, please submit a resume/CV detailing the education or experience in your background that qualifies you for this position.
If nominated and elected to serve in the above-referenced position, I hereby certify that:
1. I am willing and able to serve, and I have the time available to serve in this position;
2. I will agree to be bound by the U.S. Bobsled and Skeleton Federation Bylaws in my service in this position;
3. The statements and other representations made by me in my nomination materials are true, accurate, and correct, and that I will update my information with the USBSF Nominating and Governance Committee as any changes occur;
4. Nothing in my past history or current representations would present any conflict with my duties as a member of the Board or present a potential embarrassment to the U.S. Bobsled and Skeleton Federation;
5. I understand that I am subject to, and I agree to be subject to, a reasonable background investigation that may include a review of any criminal or public records, and I agree to provide any additional documentation or information or execute any additional documents to permit the U.S. Bobsled and Skeleton Federation to complete any background investigation into me concerning my service on the Board;
6. I understand that by accepting nomination and signing this certification, I hereby consent to the release of any documents or other information to the U.S. Bobsled and Skeleton Federation concerning my background; and
7. I agree to exercise due care in exercising my duties as a member of the Board of the U.S. Bobsled and Skeleton Federation if selected and to otherwise follow the standards of conduct set forth in the U.S. Bobsled and Skeleton Federation Bylaws for such service.