About Safe Sport:
Athletes will perform better, soar higher, and get more from sport if they feel safe. The Safe Sport program seeks to create a healthy, supportive environment for all participants. Through education, resources, and training, the Safe Sport Program is designed to help members of the sport community recognize, respond, and to reduce misconduct in sport.
USA Badminton Mission Statement
USA Badminton is committed to safety and the welfare of its members, with top priority given to its athlete members.
1. Every member should have a safe, healthy, fun sport environment.
2. Every young member should be protected from abuse and safe from harm.
3. All non‐athlete members share a collective responsibility to protect USA Badminton’s membership.
4. Training will be made available for USA Badminton members to increase awareness and understanding of athlete
protection policies and best practices.
5. There must be a process for members to recognize issues and respond to any Safe Sport issues that arises.
6. USA Badminton members will have access to resources, information, and guidance on Safe Sport related issues.
7. All allegations of abuse or concerns regarding athlete safety will be treated seriously and USA Badminton will respond appropriately.
Important Note To USA Badminton Clubs
Member Clubs are recommended to develop their own policies for prevention, protection and reporting policies. However, member Clubs
are welcome to adopt the model policies that have been designed by USA Badminton. Refer to the USA Badminton Safe Sport Handbook below.
Important Note To Parents, Coaches, Technical Officials, Athletes, and Volunteers
All coaches must complete the free online Safe Sport Training by June 1, 2014. For more information refer to the USA Badminton Safe Sport Handbook below.
Athletes are also advised to complete the online training but it is not mandatory. However, USA Badminton will provide Athlete Safe Sport Education links at a future date.
To view the USA Badminton Safe Sport Policies, Procedures, Tips, & FAQs,
Click Here for the USA Badminton Safe Sport Handbook
(“Pending endorsement from the USA Badminton Board of Directors in April.")
Clink This Link To Access the USOC Online Safe Sport Training: http://training.teamusa.org