2013 Coach of the Year Nominations
The USOC recognizes outstanding NGB coaches annually through its Coach of the Year (COTY) Program. Each NGB is eligible to nominate one coach in several categories.
USA Badminton will nominate candidates for three categories:
- National Coach of the Year
- Developmental Coach of the Year
- Volunteer Coach of the Year.
The 2013 National Coach of the Year is not open for the U.S. badminton community (USAB members, clubs, parents, athletes, schools, etc) to nominate. This category will decided by the USAB High Performance Advisory Group.
Who can Nominate?
Members of the U.S. badminton community (USAB members, clubs, parents, athletes, schools, etc) are invited to nominate candidates for each category. This is an effort to encourage more membership participation in such projects.
Who will select the Year Coach Panel
The nominees for the two categories will be ranked and selected by an independent panel of coaches/coach educators led by Abi Bautista as Selection Panel Chair.
How will selection be done?
1. Members of the badminton community ((USAB members, clubs, parents, athletes, schools, etc) submit the name of one coach for each category of their choice. Please email the completed nomination form/forms to: email@example.com by January 2, 2014
2. The COTY Selection Panel will select the coaches for each category.
3. Successful coach candidates will be contacted by the USAB Director of Coaching & High Performance, Mohan Subramaniam and provide more information.
Coach of the Year (COTY) Background
Development Coach of the Year Award
A Developmental Coach of the Year nominee is coach of a youth club, high school or junior-level coach, or a coach directly responsible for coaching athletes to the junior and/or elite level. This award is based on the accomplishments of the coach for the year 2013. The nominee must currently be coaching or within their first year of retirement.
Volunteer Coach of the Year Award
A Volunteer Coach of the Year nominee is a coach who does not receive payment in any form for their involvement in coaching at any level. This award is based on the accomplishments of the coach for the year 2013. The nominee must be actively coaching athletes or within their first year of retirement.
CLICK the links below for the nomination forms
2013 Development Coach of the Year Nomination Form