2013 Pan Am Individual Championships
2013 Pan Am Championships Individual Championships: Events Entry Review
Attention: USA Badminton Athletes
Recently we received the 2013 Pan Am Championships (PAC) Prospectus. Badminton Pan Am Confederation (BPAC) has made some changes to the participation regarding the number of entries. The PAC will be held in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic (October 21-27, 2013).
2. Individual Championships (October 24-27, 2013) – The previous allocation per country from 4 Men’s Singles, 4 Women’s Singles, 2 Women’s Doubles pairs, 2 Men’s Doubles pairs, and 4 Mixed Doubles pairs has been expanded significantly to an open tournament.
3. Prospectus - For updated information on the events, - entry fee and the hotels.
4. Events – you may now compete in Men’s Singles, Women’s Singles, Women’s Doubles, Men’s Doubles, and Mixed Doubles.
5. Valid entry request – To enter the Individual Championships, an athlete must be a U.S. citizen, have a BWF ID #, be a current USAB member in good standing & must send in a completed USAB Credit Card Authorization Form. Only valid entry requests will be processed.
6. Doubles & Mixed Doubles – Athletes must have fixed partners when requesting to be entered for doubles or mixed doubles. Only one member of the doubles partnership needs to make the tournament entry request to the USAB National Office. USAB will not be responsible for any miscommunication between the doubles partners regarding the tournament entry. USAB National Office will reply confirmation to both athletes if both email contacts are available.
7. Entry - If you already registered you may reconfirm your events. If you have not, you are welcome to register to be entered for the individual championships. Please write to Lauren LeQuire at email@example.com and copy Mohan Subramaniam at firstname.lastname@example.org.
8. Entry deadline – USAB must receive the entry request by Tuesday September 17, 2013 11:59PM MST (USAB 5-Business-Day Deadline).
9. Late entry penalty – USAB has now instituted a ‘Late Entry Penalty.’ After Tuesday September 17, 2013 11:59PM MST, USAB will still be able to service entry requests until Friday September 20, 2013 12.00PM MST. However, USAB will charge a Late Entry Penalty of $200 per player per tournament.
10. Withdrawals – The BWF/BPAC withdrawal without penalty deadline for this tournament is Sunday October 6, 2013 11.59PM MST. However, the USAB withdrawal without penalty deadline for this tournament is Friday October 4, 2013 12.00PM MST. After this deadline USAB will not be responsible for withdrawal without penalty. All those with the following reasons – medical, bereavement or family emergency must provide proof. Only BWF/BPAC can decide if they can accept the reasons. If there is a penalty, USAB will deduct from the credit card information provided by the athlete.
11. Credit Card Authorization Form – USAB will charge the hotel cost if the athlete would like a reservation to be made. USAB will also charge the ‘Late Entry Penalty ‘of $200 per player per tournament if necessary. It is the responsibility of the athlete to ensure that the credit card is active.
CLICK HERE for Credit Card Authorization Form