Attention to all USA Juniors
Tangkas Alfamart Badminton Club (Indonesia) is hosting this international junior competition between June 6-10. This is an U-19 event and it is sanctioned by the Badminton Association of Indonesia (PBSI) and the Badminton World Federation (BWF). In conjunction with that it is sponsoring by two players from selected countries. The sponsorship includes travel expenses up to US$1,000 and also accommodation during the competition for 2 (TWO) players.
Competition dates: June 7-12, 2010
Venue: Gelora Bung Karno Tennis Indoor Stadium,Jakarta, Indonesia
Accommodation: Sultan Hotel, Jakarta
USAB Junior Advisory Group is opening only 1 (ONE) slot for USA juniors for this sponsorship. The first slot has been reserved for a junior player who has been regularly training in Indonesia and will once again be training as well as compete in other junior tournaments in Indonesia.
USAB Junior Advisory Group has decided to open the second slot for any junior who is keen to compete at this competition. Applicants will be considered based on the following criteria:
- Current USAB member of good standing
- Priority will be given to US Citizens and Green card holders
- Currently actively involved in a junior performance program in a club or training on their own and
- Prepared to move into the elite high performance track in future
- Currently competes in USAB junior high performance events such as the JIT, Junior Nationals, etc
Selected players will be provided with more details and will be required to sign a USA Badminton Player Code of Conduct.
Please complete the attached application form and send it to USA Badminton Director, Coaching & High Performance Mohan Subramaniam at firstname.lastname@example.org
and copy Fred Coleman, Chair of Junior Advisory Group at email@example.com
by Friday April 23, 2010 5:00PM MST
The selection will be done by Mohan Subramaniam in consultation with the following persons:
- Fred Coleman - Chair, USAB Junior Advisory Group
- Andy Chong - USAB Technical Advisor, High Performance
The selection panel may also contact any coaches working with top USA juniors for technical opinion.CLICK HERE for the application form