Criteria for Selection of Junior Pan Am Assistant Coaches
- Minimum USAB Level I (in future it will be level II)
- Background check by USAB
- Commitment to USAB coaching program and future coaching
- Communication ability with all athletes
- Coaching History/Experience
- Green Card or Citizen (preferred - see 3)
- Gender Balance of Coaching team
- Head Coaches Input ( In future also National Coach input)
- Team Person
- Able to work in difficult environments
- Able to focus on all athletes on the US team, not just those with whom they have a prior relationship
Expectations of Assistant Coaches
- Understand and adapt to the needs of participants.
- Be able to plan sessions suited to participants needs.
- Be able to evaluate players technically and tactically.
- Be able to work with players to set appropriate goals.
- Be able to carry out the necessary health and safety checks for venues and players.
- Demonstrate use of a variety of communication techniques.
- Prepare candidates appropriately for competitions/matches.
- Understand your roles and responsibilities as a coach.
- Demonstrate that you understand key elements relating to the protection of children and vulnerable adults, are able to deal with injuries should they occur and coach in an equitable manner.
- Be able to manage players effectively.
- Understand the factors that affect performance (physical and psychological).
Selection Process for Assistant Coaches for Junior Pan Ams
- Entry Deadline of May 20, 2009
- All applicants will be reviewed by selection committee of Fred Coleman, Andy Chong(Lead Coach), Amy Ng (Juniors Committee), Widya Susanto (Juniors Committee), Andy Gouw (Coaches Rep BOD)
- Applicants will be reviewed by the posted selection criteria.
- Applicants will be notified by May 29, 2009