The XV Pan American Championships 2009 will be held in Guadalajara, Mexico from October 20th -25th , 2009.
The championships will host two events:
XV Pan American Badminton Championships Team Event
1. Date: 20-21 October, 2009
2. Team Size: Maximum 4 men and 4 women (BPAC regulation)
3. Competition Structure: Sudirman Cup Format (MS, WS, MD, WD, XD)
4. USA Team Selection: The Team USA Trials which were held on January 2-4, 2009 will be used to select the team for the XV Pan American Championships Team Event.
5. Confirmation of team: USAB Office will contact the top 4 men and 4 women from the 2009 USA Badminton Team. Interested players need to confirm their availability in writing. Should any one of the original team pull out or decide not to go, the replacement will be based on the trial result list posted on January 7th, 2009. Selection procedures shall follow the 2009 USA Badminton Team Trials information published on the website on October 14, 2008. The USA Team will be announced on the web on 15 August.
XV Pan American Badminton Championships Individual Event
1. Date: 22-25 October, 2009.
2. Entry Size: BPAC allows a maximum of 4 players per event; 4 for Men's Singles, 4 for Women's Singles, 4 for Men's Doubles, 4 for Women's Doubles and 4 for Mixed Doubles.
3. Entry: The individual championships is open to entries for all USAB athletes who are eligible to participate. However, there are a limited number of entry positions available to USA Badminton. In the event that there are more entries received than positions available, the player/pair's latest world rankings ( September 10, 2009) per event will be used for selection. If no world ranking data is available on the players, then the team trial results will be used as the next selection criteria.
4. Entry fees
5. Eligibility: To be eligible, a player must meet the BWF requirement for national representation. They must be a member in good standing with USAB and satisfy one or more of the following:
6. Application: Application must be filed using the International Tournament Entry Form (from the USAB website, under the Resources tab, in the Handbooks and Forms section). All individual entry request forms must be received at the USA Badminton Office by 7 August 2009.
7. Participation Terms: All players who qualify and selected must sign and abide by the USAB Code of Conduct. A copy of the USAB Code of Conduct can be obtained on the USAB website. All players shall fall under the jurisdiction of the USAB assigned team manager and/or coach(es) in complying BWF regulations.
1. Updates: All updates/changes regarding the tournament will be posted on the website, www.badmintonpanam.com.
2. Funding and Competition Expenses:
3. Hotel Information: